Crystal has been writing all of her professional life. She began by writing training materials while working for a non-profit organization, then shifted to software documentation before starting her own freelance writing business called Tiger Lily Media. After a few years Crystal changed course to work as a sole proprietor under her own name. In her freelance work, Crystal has written and edited SEO web content, blog posts, articles, and social media posts on a wide range of topics including:
- vintage furniture
- home decor
- meditation and stress management
- hair and skin care
- search engine marketing
- home organizing
- fundraising/donor management
- dentistry and oral health
- digital signage
View a portfolio of Crystal’s work.
Prior to starting her own freelance writing and editing business, Crystal worked as a software trainer and documentation writer, working primarily with donor management software.
Crystal is author of the self-published book The Achilles Effect: What Pop Culture is Teaching Young Boys about Masculinity and its accompanying blog. In January, 2016 she published her second book, Boys, Sex & Media: Helping Boys Make Smart Decisions about Sex in a Popular Culture Dominated by Stereotypes & Sexism. Visit the Books page for more information.
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania – Online course in marketing, covering branding and social targeting, advertising, and persuading
- Wesleyan University – Online course in social psychology, including the subjects of persuasion and social influence
- University of Toronto – Continuing education courses in Information Design for Multiple Media and Website Implementation and Management
- University of Western Ontario – Master of Library and Information Science
- King’s College, University of Western Ontario – B.A., Honours History and French
Crystal is a past member of the Professional Writers Association of Canada.