Crystal Smith (also referred to as “Crystal”) values your privacy. No personal information provided to Crystal through this site or in any e-mails to this site will be used or shared with any third party without the express written consent of the party providing the information. If compelled by law to reveal said information, Crystal will comply with the law and reveal said personal information.
Crystal Smith collects the minimum personal information required for optimum customer service and uses collected information only for the purposes it was submitted for. The only information Crystal collects is:
- basic web statistics on who visits this site and where they are coming from
- e-mail directed to the e-mail address on this site or any other e-mail addresses affiliated with Crystal’s writing business
- information collected through any registration forms that may be added to this site
Use of Personal Information Collected
Crystal uses the personal information collected on this site only for the following purposes:
- to contact you in response to a request for information or a submission of a form from this site
- for the exchange of general business information (invoices, receipts, project deliverables)
Because of the nature of freelance writing and the possibility of trade secrets and confidential corporate information being used in the materials Crystal writes or edits, many companies ask that Crystal sign a confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement. Crystal always signs said agreements when asked and always adheres to said agreements.
Crystal Smith reserves the right to use written materials she creates under her own name and that of her past business, Tiger Lily Media, in case studies and samples on this site, under the following conditions:
- The material is not deemed a trade secret or confidential corporate information, i.e. it appears in the public domain either as marketing materials, on a corporate website, etc.
- Any materials that are available only to your paying clients/members (like software documentation, newsletters etc.) are not used without your express written consent.
- If a confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement has been signed, Crystal Smith always seeks your express written consent before using samples on this site or in any other promotional materials.
Clients may ask Crystal to remove all corporate identifiers, thereby removing any association with their business from the sample. Crystal always respects this request and removes any identifying information from materials.
Links to Third Party Websites
The content of this website (all text and images) is copyright of Crystal Smith, save for stock photography images which are credited. All rights expressly reserved.
The content of this website can be accessed, printed and downloaded in an unaltered form (unaltered including being stretched, compressed, coloured or altered in any way so as to distort content from its original proportions or format) with copyright acknowledged, on a temporary basis for informational, non-commercial use. Any content printed or downloaded may not be sold, licensed, transferred, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or in or on any media to any person without the prior written consent of Crystal Smith.
Crystal Smith assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or browsing on this website or any external linked sites or your downloading of any materials, text, audio or video files or images from this website or any linked sites. Crystal is not liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage of any kind including any special, punitive, direct, indirect, damages which arise out of or are in any way connected with any use of this website or any linked site or content found on this site or any other.